Hey Alpha Skip Ahead ring users! Today’s Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2004 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19008.1204.191023-2300). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2004\19008.1204.191023-2300
- Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 25, 2019
- Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 26, 2019
Some of you discovered a Guide Tab reorder button with a recent update. We don’t want to keep you waiting, so we’ve turned it on early for feedback from Alpha Skip-Ahead users this yesterday. Let us know what you think!
Voice to Text
Dictation is back with support for more languages! With either a headset or Kinect, you can press the View button when the keyboard is on screen to start converting speech to text. Check out the full list of languages below, and head to Settings -> System -> Language & location if you want to change your keyboard & dictation language.
- Supported languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional – Hong Kong)
- Chinese (Traditional – Taiwan)
- English (Australia)
- English (Canada)
- English (India)
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (Spain)
Guide/Game Pass Tab
Some users may see changes to managing and redeeming Xbox Live Gold benefits. This feature is only enabled for a portion of the Xbox Insider audience to gauge interest and collect feedback.
Fixes for Alpha Skip Ahead
We’ve heard your feedback, and we’re happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 2004 build:
- Fixed an issue where game trailers are not playing sound.
- Note: This is due to a new Store setting where audio for Autoplay videos is off by default. You will need to enable this setting to fix the behavior.
- We’ve fixed an issue where some users would see the sign in screen go blank and a loading icon indefinitely.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
Known Issues for Alpha Skip Ahead
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Users are unable to complete the setup for Dolby Atmos in the app and the app is not recognizing Dolby Atmos headphones
- Note: This is an issue with the Dolby Access app and the app developers are aware and investigating.
My Games & Apps
- Users have reported seeing an “Xbox Events” app in their collection.
- Note: This app will be used to experiment with a new Events experience to showcase in-game events. We’ll have more to share when the feature is ready for Preview.
- Some users may see a different Store icon on the dashboard than what normally appears.
- Some users may see their content blocks reset randomly during the experiment.
- Some users are reporting issues making in-game purchases in Fortnite.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and then attempt to make the purchase. If you still see the behavior, make sure and report it from the console.
- Some users are reporting powering on their console via Google Assistant or Alexa is giving an error, but then powers the console on after a delay.
Xbox Console Companion App
- We’ve seen reports of users being unable to stream their Xbox console to their Windows PC via the app.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Are you not seeing your issue listed above? Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
Learn more about feedback and how each ring is differentiated in the following links:
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter and join the community subreddit for support and updates. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!