Hey Alpha ring users! Today’s Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2007 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2007\19041.3395.200616-0000). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2007\19041.3395.200616-0000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – June 17, 2020
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – June 18, 2020
New Features for Alpha
DTS Sound Unbound is a new app which brings along with it a new Headset Format Audio setting called DTS:X for Headphones.
- Once you obtain the free 24-hour trial license from within the DTS Sound Unbound app (which can be extended infinitely throughout the flight period), try out your favorite games—especially ones with Spatial Sound support! Media apps will also benefit from this format.
How To Participate
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One device
- Navigate to Insider Content > DTS Sound Unbound > Join
- Install the DTS Sound Unbound app by selecting “Show in store” from the flight
- Select the DTS Headphone:X add-on and follow the prompts to “Buy” and enable it
- Once setup, participate in any DTS Sound Unbound quests—most importantly, fill out the survey
- Note: During this flight period, it is expected that the Xbox Audio Settings page will link you to the official Store page for the DTS Sound Unbound app which is not yet available for Xbox. Please find the Xbox version of the app through the Xbox Insider Hub.
Fixes for Alpha
We’ve heard your feedback, and we’re happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 2007 build:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
Known Issues for Alpha Skip-Ahead
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Some users have reported that Dolby Atmos for Headphones audio setting changes when the console is rebooted/updated.
- Note: If you attempt to set the audio to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and see a message advising you to launch the Dolby Access App, please file feedback before launching the app.
- We are aware game clips (non-4K and 4K) are not recording at all or recording the incorrect length with recent updates. We are investigating.
- Note: Make sure you report the behavior on the console as soon as you record the clip and notice either behavior.
- Workaround: We’ve implemented a fix where clips that do not record in 4K will instead record in 1080p instead.
- When installing or updating a game/app, the installation progress bar may not show progress. The issue is known and being investigated.
- We’ve received reports that the Friends tab is not showing the correct status of online/offline friends.
- Some users may notice that the Guide has changed appearance and functionality, this is expected behavior as there are certain experiences being flighted among a random subset of users in Preview.
- Users are reporting that Message notifications that have been marked as read are re-appearing as new. We are aware and investigating the behavior.
My Games & Apps
- Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
- Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
- Some titles in collection may appear with a “trial” tag incorrectly in collection.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Are you not seeing your issue listed above? Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
Learn more about feedback and how each ring is differentiated in the following links:
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter and join the community subreddit for support and updates. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!