Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_DEV_FLIGHT\21319.1000.210219-1500
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – February 22, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – February 23, 2021
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Users should now be able to launch Minecraft via the “Launch Game” option in the official Club.
- Fixed an issue where poll options were difficult to read with the Light Theme enabled on the console.
- Fixed an issue where the dashboard was unresponsive to controls (except the Xbox Button) when powered on from standby.
- Fixed an issue where system updates and game/app content would not download while console was in standby.
- Fixed an issue where users were being prompted to select a profile on console boot with automatic sign in enabled.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Some users have reported playback issues in Hulu and Prime Video.
- The NBA and VRV app may both have issues displaying their UI.
- Some users have reported that they are not hearing any audio with Dolby Atmos enabled.
- We’re aware some users using an Xbox Series X|S controller are seeing it lose sync with the console.
- Note: If you see this behavior, try reconnecting the controller to the console via USB/Wireless or if possible connect another controller and submit feedback. Then reboot the console and try re-syncing the controller.
- Users have reported being unable to navigate to the tabs section in the browser.
- Some users have reported that they are unable to control certain titles with a mouse on the latest update.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Some users are reporting that pinned items are not loading on the dashboard.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
- The Gamerpic/Profile icon and loading animation icon may not appear correctly across the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!