Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2104\19041.7225.210316-0000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – March 17, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – March 18, 2021
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Alpha users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.
- The Xbox Family Settings App now supports approving multiplayer for your child on a per-title basis! When your child wants to play a multiplayer game but doesn’t have the permission, they can send a request to the app for you to approve remotely. You’ll also be able to approve over-the-shoulder on console. Parents can view their child’s account settings on the Xbox Family Settings app or on the web at https://account.microsoft.com/family. To try it out you’ll need to download the Xbox Family Settings App and be enrolled in the Alpha or Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. You can find out more about the Xbox Family Settings app as well as links to download it here.
My Games & Apps
- Users can now use the “Suspend my game” option in My Games & Apps to ensure that your downloads happen at full speed while still ensuring you can resume the title once the download is complete. This option is located in My games & apps>Manage>Queue.
- Several more titles have had Quick Resume enabled with the latest update, they are:
- No Man’s Sky
- The Falconeer
- Watch Dogs: Legion
- Cuisine Royale
- SAMURAI SHODOWN
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- A new firmware update will be available for the Xbox Series S|X controllers that addresses the following issues:
- Pairing, reconnection and Bluetooth stability fixes.
- Fixes to address Bluetooth connections with Steam Link hardware.
- A new firmware for the new Xbox Wireless Headset that contains fixes for:
- Headset powering off unexpectedly while in use.
- Disables automatic reduction of Xbox audio when a call over Bluetooth is initiated.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We’re aware some users using an Xbox Series X|S controller are seeing it lose sync with the console.
- Note: If you see this behavior, try reconnecting the controller to the console via USB/Wireless or if possible connect another controller and submit feedback. Then reboot the console and try re-syncing the controller.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- Some users have reported seeing a black/blank screen when launching games/apps or when booting up the console.
- Workaround: If this happens when launching a game/app, try accessing the Guide and closing the game/app. If this happens on console boot try refreshing Home via the Guide.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Users have reported that My Games & Apps is closing unexpectedly when trying to view “Shrinkable Games”.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!