Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to most users in the Omega ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2109CO\22000.2285.210920-1845
- Available: 8 p.m. PT – September 21, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 22, 2021
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Omega users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.
- A new version of the controller firmware is available for Omega users starting today. You can read more about what’s included with the update as well as which controllers will be receiving it here.
Xbox Wireless Headset
- A new version of the headset firmware is available for Delta users. It contains various performance and stability fixes.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where some users would be unable to complete in-game purchases.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- Users who have updated their controllers to the latest firmware outlined here have reported issues using the controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10. We are aware and investigating.
- Workaround: Users can connect the controller via USB or via the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. Also, controller will work via Bluetooth in Windows 11.
Dolby Vision for Gaming
- With Dolby Vision enabled, some TVs may introduce input latency when playing games.
- When 120Hz, ALLM, or VRR is enabled, some TVs are unable to enter Dolby Vision mode.
- On some TVs, a brief green screen may be shown when entering/exiting a title with Dolby Vision enabled.
- When playing a title with Dolby Vision and ALLM enabled some TVs may exhibit washed out colors.
- As we are flighting the feature some titles may occasionally stop using Dolby Vision for Gaming and utilize HDR instead.
- Pins related to the new Edge browser will not work if you decide to remove your console from the Xbox Update Preview.
- Workaround: Pins should be deleted and re-added.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
- Some users have reported apps and games cannot be re-installed after failing to launch repeatedly.
- Workaround: A factory reset will need to be performed. Instructions can be found here under “Reset using your console” and selecting the “Reset and keep my games & apps” option.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- We’ve received some reports that this function isn’t working with the latest update. We are aware and investigating.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!