Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Beta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2206CO\22000.4974.220617-1230
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – June 21, 2022
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – June 22, 2022
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Beta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
Settings – Payment & Billing
- We have enabled a new experience which allows adding, editing, or removing payment methods directly from the Settings on your console. To try the new experience, navigate to Settings > Account > Payment & billing and select Payment option. You can confirm you’re seeing the new experience if you are seeing pictures of the logo for your various payment instruments.
- If you have any trouble, be sure to let us know by submitting feedback with Report a Problem. Please include a screenshot and as much detail as possible!
- Note: If you are not seeing the new experience, please be sure to reboot the console.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Various stability and performance fixes.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Some users have reported seeing a “flicker” when navigating/browsing the Store catalog.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!