Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2209NI\22621.2186.220905-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 2, 2022
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 3, 2022
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
My Games & Apps
- Fixes to address the missing Surprise me button. You can now find it located in the Filter menu.
- Fixed an issue where the uninstall option was not available when pressing the Menu button on the controller.
- Fixes to address the displayed storage capacity remaining “All storage” when games are filtered by storage device.
- Fixes to address an issue where the console would shut down unexpectedly when watching a Blu-ray movie.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior, please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- You must scan the QR code (in step 3 of the setup) with your mobile device to trigger the proper Discord code. This step is required for this preview but will not be required at general release.
- When using the Discord Mobile app on iOS, having your default browser set to anything other than Safari may prevent you from linking your account correctly.
- Workaround: Ensure that the default browser on your iOS device is set to Safari and then try again.
- If you have unlinked your accounts and no longer have the “Join on Xbox” button on your Discord app, you will need to link your accounts again using this link: https://discord.com/feature/xboxLinkBeta.
- Some users may encounter an issue where games fail to launch after using some streaming apps. If you experience this, please use Report a Problem to submit feedback.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and games should launch normally.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- The team would like to thank you for all your feedback on the warning and disc badging features so far. Starting today and throughout this week, we will look to pause the flighting of this feature in efforts to address bugs and in the future look to consider feedback on the feature once more. Flighting will look to resume once the major issues have been resolved.
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- We have received reports of users hearing a reverb, echo or duplicated audio during playback when using Windows Sonic.
- Workaround: Use an alternate audio setting when using Spotify.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!