Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_DEV_FLIGHT\25947.1001.230905-2000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 8, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 9, 2023
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixes to address some titles failing to update and being stuck at 0% in the queue. This will improve some specific errors appearing in unexpected situations, such as 0x80070570, 0x800070079 and 0x87e0000f.
My Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue where titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
Upload your Captures to OneDrive
- Fixes to address 4K and/or HDR clips not automatically uploading to OneDrive Cloud Storage.
- You can now automatically upload video clips and screenshots to OneDrive when your default capture location is an external drive.
- Fixed an issue where video clips and screenshots automatically uploaded to OneDrive were uploaded to the wrong location.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps.
- Note: If you experience issues with audio, please submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately with the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option, then select the category “Console experiences” and “Console Audio Output Issues”.
- Be sure to include as much information as possible:
- When did the issue start?
- Did you lose audio just in the game/app or system audio as well?
- Does changing the audio format resolve the issue? If yes, what was the format before and after?
- Does rebooting resolve the issue?
- What does your setup include? Equipment, layout, etc.
- And any additional information you can provide to reproduce the problem.
Keyboard Button Mapping for Xbox Controllers
- In the Xbox Accessories app, the “Learn More” button is currently not functional.
- If you change your keyboard language settings while the Xbox Accessories app is open, the change will be reflected after quitting the app or rebooting your console.
Upload your Captures to OneDrive
- If you are backing up a very large collection of captures (1000+) to OneDrive, it may take a while. Please allow for a few days for everything to appear.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!