Today was a huge day for "Call of Duty" fans as Activision, developer Infinity Ward, and Xbox gave fans worldwide a sneak peek into the all-new "Call of Duty: Ghosts," heralded as the next-generation of multiplayer gaming. Xbox was thrilled to show an exclusive behind-the-scenes documentary filmed at Infinity Ward, as part of the live broadcast on Xbox Live.
"Call of Duty" has a massive fan base, with over 100 million fans, and "Call of Duty: Ghosts" continues the tradition of gameplay and innovation that has led to its success. "Call of Duty: Ghosts" will deliver an all new online experience, with the greatest amount of customization, new ways to play, and access ever. "Call of Duty: Ghosts" features dynamic map events, new tactical player movements, a visually stunning world, an arsenal of new weapons, killstreaks, maps and game modes, and an all-new second screen experience. Importantly for Xbox fans, you’ll have the ability to transport your profile from Xbox 360 to Xbox One.
“'Call of Duty: Ghosts' continues the tradition of unrivaled gameplay and innovation that has made 'Call of Duty' one of the most engaging entertainment experiences in the world played by more than 100 million fans,” said Activision Publishing, Inc.’s CEO, Eric Hirshberg. “'Call of Duty' set the benchmark for the current gen and that’s exactly what we’re aiming to do for the next generation.”
“Since its launch on the Xbox 360, the 'Call of Duty' series has firmly established its home on the Xbox platform with the game’s largest and most engaged community,” said Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Marketing & Strategy, Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. “With the debut of Xbox One later this fall, we have no doubt that our longtime partners, Activision and Infinity Ward will raise the bar higher than ever before for this incredible franchise in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' and look forward to add-on content again coming first, exclusively to Xbox.”
"Call of Duty: Ghosts’" Customization Offers Over 20,000 Possible Combinations
"Call of Duty: Ghosts’" customization includes the all-new Create-a-Soldier system, in which you can customize your weapon loadouts, plus, for the first time in the series, the physical appearance of your soldier, delivering over 20,000 possible combinations, including heads, body types, equipment, gender, and more. Not only can you Create-a-Solider, but you also can create an entire squad of up to 10 unique soldiers which can be customized by their appearance, perks, loadouts, and style of play. Each custom squad member earns XP toward Prestige and can be modified to specialize in various combat classes and across multiple game modes.
"Call of Duty: Ghosts’" Delivers All-New Third Mode of Play
You can take your squad of soldiers into "Call of Duty: Ghosts’" all-new third mode of play called Squads, where you can enlist to play solo, cooperatively up to 6-players, or competitively for one vs. one, head-on matches pitting players and their squads against others and their squads. Squads features a variety of play-types, allowing you at any time to swap-out your custom A.I. soldiers with real friends for quick-action co-op. The competition can be fierce as squad soldiers display life-like, skilled tactics and behaviors like side-strafing, corner-camping, jump-shooting and more. You, plus your squads, will earn XP, and if you’re offline, be prepared as your squad may get challenged for play without you.
“This is the biggest overhaul of multiplayer since the original 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare,'” said Mark Rubin, Executive Producer, Infinity Ward. “We’re pouring our hearts and souls into making 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' multiplayer the best it can be on next gen and current gen alike. With all the customization options, our new Create-a-Soldier system, dynamic map events, new perks and killstreaks, tactical player animations, new Squads mode, Clan support in-game and on second screen, it’s the complete online experience.”
"Call of Duty: Ghosts" Can Be Taken Anywhere; Providing Easy Upgrade from Xbox 360 to Xbox One
You can also now take "Call of Duty: Ghosts" anywhere, utilizing your Call of Duty account, already secured through your registration to "Call of Duty" Elite, to carry your profile with you, including profile change updates between Xbox One and Xbox 360. When you are ready to upgrade your Xbox 360 to Xbox One, all your "Call of Duty: Ghosts" stats, unlocks, and more will seamlessly go with you and be ready and waiting.
Other key new features for "Call of Duty: Ghosts" announced today, include:
- The evolution of multiplayer maps through dynamic map events. Player-triggered traps and events allow gamers to strategically redirect the course of battle, including the ability to call-in a map-changing killstreak, which can completely transform or modify the map delivering new levels of strategy and gameplay.
- An all-new "Call of Duty" Companion App, which offers a second screen mobile experience that works hand-in-hand with both current gen and next gen versions of "Call of Duty: Ghosts." With the "Call of Duty" App, you can edit your entire squad pre-match, have one touch access to change loadouts for your next spawn while in match, and view and share after-action results with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- A deep level of clan support and in-game integration. With your "Call of Duty" account, you can join, create, and manage a clan all from in-game or from the "Call of Duty" App. From the game, you can enjoy in-game clan rewards, as well as clan vs. clan playlists, which are all available on both current and next gen. Additional clan features on the app include clan chat, rally-up, and a clan emblem editor. The "Call of Duty" App also includes for "Call of Duty: Ghosts" players clan wars, an all-encompassing, 24/7, experience on the app that is tied directly to "Call of Duty: Ghosts" multiplayer, connecting the game and second screen. This brand new experience enlists players into a larger conflict, where any clan member, no matter what skill level, can contribute to the clan war mission and compete against other clans for additional XP and exclusive in-game content.
Activision unveiled the next generation "Call of Duty" along with a list of headlines during the live streamed world premiere, including several special offers for Xbox fans:
- "Call of Duty®: Ghosts" Season Pass. Four epic DLC Map Packs for one discounted price (based on Season Pass suggested retail price of $49.99/4000 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live and four DLC Map Packs at a suggested retail price of $14.99/1200 Microsoft Points each). Included in the Season Pass is the Ghosts Team Leader Pack featuring for the first time a multiplayer character modeled from one of the characters from Ghosts’ single player campaign, along with additional bonus digital content. While the DLC Map Packs will be available starting in 2014, the Ghosts Team Leader Pack and other Season Pass bonus content activates immediately upon purchase following the game’s launch beginning Nov. 5, 2013. And, once purchased, the Season Pass will upgrade to next-gen (from Xbox 360 to Xbox One) for a limited time only at no additional cost.
- "Call of Duty®: Ghosts" Collector’s Editions. Two special editions covering the gamut of collector’s interest beginning with the Hardened Edition, including a copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts, the DLC Season Pass, limited edition Collectible Steelbook and Paracord Strap; and the Prestige Edition, which includes all content from the Hardened Edition, plus the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" Tactical Camera, a full HD 1080p, water resistant, wide-angle mounted, wearable camera based on the actual helmet camera featured in the game itself. Both the Hardened and Prestige Editions are available for pre-order starting today.
Finally, we’re excited that once again Xbox will host the "Call of Duty" Championship, presented by Xbox returns 2014.
It was an exciting day and we’re thrilled to be a part of it, along with "Call of Duty" fans from around the world.