Fortnite‘s Battle Royale 100-player PvP mode is available for free now! It features one giant map, a battle bus, building skills and destructible environments combined with intense combat where the last one standing wins. If this is your first time jumping into a Battle Royale game, or if you’re an experienced vet but new to Fortnite, the tips and tricks below should help you be the last one standing in no time at all!
- Get to the ground quickly by jumping straight down and letting the glider auto-deploy. Avoid the large landmarks to increase your chances of grabbing weapons and loot in the early round without much contention. If you’re trying to land on a mountain or high point, aim for the low ground before deploying your glider.
- Treasure chests make a noise when you are nearby. Listen carefully in tight spaces; they may be below, above, or right next to you.
- Low on health with no cover in sight? Make your own! Build a quick shack around yourself to give you some shelter while you heal.
- Moving fast and running while spraying your weapon is the least accurate approach. Keep calm, stop, and crouch while aiming for the highest accuracy.
- Prepare your inventory for multiple engagement scenarios from short to medium to long range. For example: supplement a sniper or assault rifle with a spray and pray weapon like a shotgun or sub-machine gun.
- Carrying additional shields can get you back up and running faster than carrying a medkit. Plus, shields don’t take damage from the storm, but your health does. With the help of shields, you could still come out of the storm with 1hp but have full shields to protect you.
- Patience pays off. Rushing into an engagement will often put you at a disadvantage. If you see a situation unfolding that looks like it’s an easy win – wait just a tiny bit longer to make sure you truly have the advantage. Hint – ceiling traps make an electrifying noise!
For all of the latest news on Fortnite on Xbox One, be sure to follow @FortniteGame on Twitter and keep it tuned to Xbox Wire.