Starting at 6:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring will begin receiving the latest Xbox One system update (1805.180506-1920). Read on for more about the new features, fixes and known issues in the latest system update.
Group Your Games and Apps
In this build we are enabling for the Preview Alpha ring the Groups feature. We will roll-out this feature to all the Alpha users over the next few days so please be patient as we enable this feature in a controlled manner to watch the service and feature load. With Groups, you can create multiple collections of content made up of anything from within My games & apps. You can also assign custom names to each Group, organize and order them, and add individual Groups to Home. Groups will appear across My games & apps, Home, and Guide, so you’ll be able to access your Groups at a moment’s notice. Best of all, Groups are tied to your account, so they will automatically sync across multiple Xbox One consoles. We’ve started you off with a Group that should look very familiar — your Pins! Please note we will publish a Quest for your feedback once all the users have access to the groups feature!
Improved Family Settings
Xbox One is also helping parents keep their family safe with updates to family settings. We’ve added a new family settings page where parents can easily find and manage all family settings on Xbox One. Parents will easily be able to tell which family and content settings are set up and configured. Important setting that are turned off or require attention will be flagged as well. Some settings, such as activity reports and screen time limits, can only be accessed through the web: We identify those settings and provide a link to where parents can easily set them up.
More Privacy Options
You will notice a change to the Login flow on the console that only occurs once when you first login. This is a requirement for new Privacy requirements. In the privacy settings menu, you can now also specify whether to send crash dump data for games and apps to Microsoft. We’ll also let you know about scenarios where we need to share your data with game developers, publishers, and other third parties so that you can play online. Finally, we’re giving you a way to close your Microsoft account, which will also remove you from others’ friends lists.
- We have fixed localization issues with the two new privacy login screens that users will encounter.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
- Some users may experience intermittent loss of Audio with certain configurations of AV receivers with ATMOS or with changing audio configurations during console use.
- We are investigating reports of loss of audio in some games when resuming from Instant-On. Please file feedback when this occurs.
- We are aware that some users with Denon or Marantz receivers and the LG SJ9 soundbar are experiencing Audio issues.
- If you add an inbox app to a Group, the next system update will cause you to lose its image. Remove from Group and re-add to bring back its image.
- If you have more than 25 items in your Pins when you have Groups first enabled, not all items will appear. This will be fixed in an upcoming build.
- If you try to add more than 40 items at one time to a Group, this operation may fail.
- You cannot Remove the “Pins” Group. This is currently by design because Pins and Groups coexist for users.
- If you uninstall a game/app after previously adding it to a Group, it will lose its image. Workaround is to remove from Group and add it back.
- NOTE : If someone is in a bad state for Groups, they can always go into My games & apps > Groups and press the “Reset groups” button at the bottom of the page to bring them back to the Day 0 experience with Pins as their first Group. It will remove all other Groups they created.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- An issue has been discovered with some titles (Halo MCC, Halo 5, EA Sports titles as an example) that matchmaking is failing. We are tracking a fix on this issue.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problems for investigation.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.