Starting at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead Ring will begin receiving the latest Xbox One system update (1806.180612-1920). Read on for more about the new feature, fixes and known issues in the latest 1806 system update.
Game Pass Tab
- Preview Alpha and Alpha – Skip Ahead users will notice that the Entertainment tab has been replaced on the dashboard with Game Pass content. This new tab allows for easy access to the Game Pass catalog and is only available in the US region at this time, so Preview Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead Insiders in regions outside of the US will continue to see the Entertainment tab. If you have access to the new Game Pass tab, please provide feedback as we evaluate and refine the experience!
Fast Start – Xbox One Insiders we have added the Fast Start technology in the build and we would love your help testing the install performance of the following games:
- The Flame in the Flood
- Fuzion Frenzy
- Casey Powell Lacrosse 16
- Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
- The Golf Club
We will light up a Quest and Survey on Monday for feedback!
My Games and Apps
- Fixed an issue for Games that are being updated that use the Fast Start feature. Users will no longer have the game uninstalled if they cancel a game update.
- Fixed an issue with the installation and launching of the CW app. The app now launches correctly.
- Various localization fixes across the console.
- Performance improvements to the stability and reliability of Party Chat.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
- The issue with some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app is resolved.
- Some users may notice that the online status of Friends is not updating correctly.
Game Pass Tab
- Preview Alpha and Alpha – Skip Ahead users will notice that the Entertainment tab has been replaced on the dashboard with Game Pass content. This new tab allows for easy access to the Game Pass catalog and is only available in the US region at this time, so Preview Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead Insiders in regions outside of the US will continue to see the Entertainment tab.
- Some users may encounter an issue where their Pins are not displaying artwork or are seeing a while tile instead of their profile color.
- Workaround: Please perform the following steps to fix the issue
- Open My Games & Apps
- Navigate to Groups tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Select Delete all groups
- Select Delete local groups
- The Groups tab in My games & apps may not show after sign in even though you can access Groups in Guide, or you may see “This group does not exist” on Home on first sign-in for your existing Groups. Workaround: Sign in / out to refresh these pages.
- Some changes might not be reflected when editing Groups between multiple consoles after coming out of connected standby. Sign in/out to fix.
- Using special characters in Group names (e.g. &,”) causes issues during Group creation or using the “Add more” flow. Note: emojis are fine. This is being fixed in an upcoming build.
- You may see issues with Groups if you frequently switch between your non-Preview console and your Preview console. Workaround: Reset your Groups locally on the Preview console through “My games & apps” > Groups, then using the “Reset groups” button at the bottom of the page to resync from the service.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problem for investigation by performing a Full system software via the dashboard as opposed to just pressing the Xbox Power button.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.