We’re excited for the release of our survival horror game Remothered: Tormented Fathers. For this occasion, I wanted to tell you more on the indie survival horror game that’s made its grand entrance on Xbox One.
When I met Antonio Cannata, CEO and Co-Founder of Stormind Games, an Italian video game development studio that develops story-driven titles and handles marketing strategies for the game industry, I knew that with them my dream of creating a game that could honor titles such as Silent Hill or Clock Tower was going to come true. We began this fruitful partnership and just like that we had it!
It will be distributed globally with the exception of Asia (South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, and China). These countries are going to have to wait just a little longer. The language of the audio will be in English, but the subtitles are available in Italian, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Russian, German, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Polish, Hungarian, and Arabic.
Let’s take a closer look at Remothered: Tormented Fathers
Remothered: Tormented Fathers is a third-person psychological horror video game with an intense gameplay full of plot-twists. It is the first title of the Remothered trilogy.
Players will be in the shoes of Rosemary Reed, the protagonist of this chapter, who furtively sneaks inside retired notary Richard Felton’s house, to find out the truth on Celeste Felton’s disappearance. Everyday regular people will turn into your worst nightmare as you’ll try to escape the evil characters. Players will be masters of their own destiny since they’re going to have to find the correct strategy to make it till the end without being harmed.
Characters and their true intentions
In Remothered: Tormented Fathers, not all characters are really who you think they are. Pick Richard Felton, for example. At first, he appears as an innocent and sick old man, but he is really hiding a horrifying secret. He is dependant on hypnosis and drugs for his disease, except he is truly trying to forget his disturbing past.
Or Gloria, Felton’s personal nurse, who appears to be a shy and boring woman in her late thirties. She speaks in calm tones because she knows the terrifying truth about Celeste’s disappearance and Richard’s past and is too scared to speak. Gloria is one of the most trivial characters in the game.
Some of the key features in Remothered: Tormented Fathers
- Many ways to survive – furtiveness, action, strategy, hide ‘n’ run, there are infinite combinations of game dynamics to make the game experience available to every player.
- Noises – When your enemy hears a sound, he will immediately move toward the place it comes from. You have to be very quiet when exploring the house – crouch or move slowly in order to avoid making noises. You have to be as quiet as possible – not making any sound is very important. There are also some Diversion items, and these items can be useful to make noises and attract your enemies to specific spots inside the house. You can use diversion items to deceive them.
- Realistic experience – Environments and characters have been conceived to be lifelike and believable.
What are the characteristics of Remothered: Tormented Fathers?
During the development phase of Remothered: Tormented Fathers we added these features:
- GUI/features’ optimizations and adjustments for larger TVs
- A free integrated Artbook that players will unlock the first time they finish the game — this Artbook will contain the characters, locations, and storyboard sequences’ concept art, collected items during the game, wireframes and 3D models of the mansion and characters.
- Controller’s vibration
- Maximum display resolution on Xbox One is 1080p and 4K on Xbox One X
- Spatialized audio and multichannel audio support
- HDR on Xbox One S and Xbox One X
Don’t let the heat wave bring you down — let the characters of Remothered: Tormented Fathers do it for you!