Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Omega ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011\19041.5491.201205-2300
- Available: 6 p.m. PT – December 8, 2020
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – December 9, 2020
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Users should no longer encounter a black screen when inserting a DVD or Blu-ray disc into the console.
- Fixed an issue where controllers would not sync with the console when powered on from standby.
- Users using a 3rd party headset should see quality improvements with audio and disconnects when connected to a controller.
- Various fixes to address Series X|S titles not working correctly after updating.
- Fixed an issue when updating Smart Delivery titles installed on external HDDs (such as Gears 5) on Xbox One consoles causing the game not to recognize content as being installed and even some titles encountering graphical issues.
- Users should no longer see an error (0x800708ca) when launching certain titles on Xbox Series X|S after upgrading the content.
- Fixes to improve console stability/consoles shutting down when users are seeing titles crashing.
- Users should no longer get a black screen when launching 360 titles on Series X|S consoles.
- Various Game DVR quality fixes for Series X|S consoles:
- Fixed an issue where HDR captures were appearing too dark when captured on Xbox Series X|S consoles.
- Uploading 4K videos to Xbox Live and Twitter from an Xbox Series X|S should no longer encounter a blank screen.
- Fixed an issue where some users would not see their Groups on the dashboard.
- Fixes to address users experiencing random network disconnections while using their Series X|S consoles.
- Note: Users with a Fritz!Box 7430 router should test this behavior and if you still encounter an issue please submit feedback.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We are receiving reports of users stating the console has no audio or low audio levels with recent updates.
- Note: If you are seeing this behavior, please submit feedback immediately when you notice the behavior. Also, please ensure you don’t have any audio settings that could be affecting your volume like the chat mixer.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!