Hey Xbox Insiders! Here are the preview release details for the PC apps that are currently available from the Windows Gaming flight. Joining this flight provides you with early access versions of the Xbox App, Gaming Services and Game Bar.
The final November release will include foundational improvements to bring a more rigid installation experience across the Game Pass and partner catalogue, as well as improvements to hang detection. More details for this preview version can be found below.
We will continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to the app. Details can be found below!
App Update Details:
- Xbox App version released: 2211.1000.41.0
- Available: 5:00 p.m. PT – October 19th, 2022
- Gaming Services version released: 7.70.13002.0
- Available: 10:00 a.m. PT – October 14th, 2022
- Game Bar version released: 5.822.91610
- Available: 10:00 a.m. PT – September 16th, 2022
New User Experience features :
- Improved notifications for when Gaming Services require an update.
- Optimized load animation times on game catalog and initial launch performance improvements.
- Inline details have been removed from the game card to improve overall app performance. Players are now taken directly to the full details page for the game.
- Improved the search experience for empty state conditions.
- Updated app colors and theming to be more consistent.
- Mouse back button now navigates back to previous screen
- Window size now persists between app launches.
- Fixed cases where News from Developer on certain game details pages was not displayed
- Various accessibility fixes for high contrast and narrator modes
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
Remember, if you encounter any issues please leave feedback by navigating to the feedback option on your profile menu.
You can find more information on known issues and troubleshooting steps, as well as interact with the community, on the Xbox Insiders Subreddit.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can!
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information!
Thank you to everyone who participates in the Xbox Insider Program! Your feedback helps us continue to build a great gaming experience in the Xbox app on PC.