Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2303NI\22621.3599.230209-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – February 13, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – February 14, 2023
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Alpha users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
Discover a refresh of the console search page! This includes a sleek new color profile, gallery-style results, visible filter categories navigable with RB/LB, the option to ‘search on YouTube’ within the Movies & TV tab, and more.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where some audio could begin to stutter and become out of sync.
- Fixes to improve Xbox Wireless Controller disconnections.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps.
- Note: If you experience issues with audio, please submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately with the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option.
- Select the category “Console experiences” then “Console Audio Output Issues” and include the following information:
- When did the issue start? After a console update, reboot, resume, etc.
- Did you lose audio just in the game/app or system audio as well?
- Does changing the audio format resolve the issue? If yes, what was the format before and after?
- Does rebooting resolve the issue?
- What does your setup look like? Equipment, layout, etc.
- And any additional information you can provide to reproduce the problem.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- We are investigating reports where input focus returns to the top of Home with an unexpected refresh after leaving or quitting a game.
- Workaround: After returning to Home from a game or after closing a game or app with the Quit option in the menu on Home, wait a few seconds or until you see Home refresh before completing your next action.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!