- Retro Shoot ’em Up meets rogue-like genre.
- Experience the synergetic perk system.
- Tips for beginner players.
Return to the arcade scene where shmups dominated, but now on your Xbox with pixel graphics on your giant TV. Stellar Interface gives you that exact experience with a modern twist, using rogue-like elements where every run is different, both in terms of perks and enemies.
Customize your Runs
At the beginning of each run, you always choose a spaceship and its weapons. Still, as the game progresses new spaceships are unlocked, as well as new bosses, weapons, perks, enemies, and even environments. Each system is randomly generated, and besides the normal ones where you have to overcome a few waves to progress, there are also levels with bosses (yes, plural!) and traders where you can equip your spaceship loadout.
So Many Perks…
Each time you beat a level, you can choose a new perk to install on your spaceship, with more than 100 to choose from. Besides the usual risk/reward that each perk has, most of the perks are synergetic, meaning you can have a companion drone and then collect a multiplier projectile perk, and in addition to your own shots, your companion drone’s shots will be multiplied as well.
Tips to Help you Succeed
- The Dash is your best friend, besides the slight speed boost, it also makes you invincible for a short time.
- Only a fool doesn’t pick up perks that start with “The Fool’s”.
- Some waves are infinite, you must identify the motherships to end them, they are usually stationary on the right side of the screen.
- Getting hit by an enemy spaceship is much worse than getting hit by one of its projectiles.
- The more times you visit the merchant in a run, the better weapons he has for you.
- In endless mode, you can only encounter the bosses that you have defeated in classic mode.
- After defeating the Mirror boss, you unlock Lost Mode, which unlocks more difficult enemies and double-boss battles.
Stellar Interface was the first game we ever developed and we are proud to be part of the Xbox family and hope you enjoy it!