You’re here for the games, and I’m here to talk about what’s coming soon to Xbox Game Pass – so let’s get to it! I have a few notes on some of what’s coming up.
After playing Sea Salt as the Eldritch force of the sea, I’d like to run the sea through a water filter and encase whatever is sifted out in cement please. Next up, If you bag up a visual novel, an anime, a side scroller, and an action RPG together, then give it a hearty shake to mix up the ingredients, what comes out is incredibly awesome. Also, is this how they made Indivisible? Note: try this with lunch tomorrow. (Dear readers: I did not try this with my lunch the next day.) Also, who looks at a swarm of rats and knows it would be an awesome game mechanic?! I’m glad someone did, but need to know if other swarms were considered and rejected before A Plague Tale: Innocence decided on rats. Swarms of adorable kittens would have made for a very different game.
Let’s look at the descriptions that are more than my hot takes on these games:
Arriving January 23
A Plague Tale: Innocence (Console and PC)
Hunted by Inquisition soldiers and surrounded by unstoppable swarms of rats, guide the young Amicia and her little brother Hugo through a brutal, unforgiving world as they struggle to survive against overwhelming odds. Developed by Asobo Studio, experience this acclaimed action adventure game as you journey through some of the darkest hours of history.
Immerse yourself in a fantastical world with dozens of playable characters, a rich storytelling experience, and gameplay that’s easy to learn but difficult to master. Play as a fearless girl named Ajna whose life is thrown into chaos when her home is attacked and a mysterious power awakens within her. With a huge fantasy world to explore and a variety of characters to meet and fight alongside of, help Ajna learn about herself and how to save her world.
Arriving January 30
Sea Salt (ID@Xbox) (Console and PC)
Sea Salt is an action strategy hybrid, in which you are an old god summoning unfathomable horrors to blight the human lands. By summoning a tide of minions, your army will emerge from the sea to take vengeance on the religious figures who have dared to defy you… and anyone else that stands in your way. You will have your sacrifice, and humanity will pay for denying you what you are owed.
Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour
Compete in an authentic career mode against over 100 pro anglers to become the best fisherman in the world. From Bass, Carp, and Predator fishing, play your way in custom multiplayer competition and online tournaments while using equipment from over 50 partners on real world venues targeting 29 different species of fish.
In Case You Missed It
I know it seems like we’re always adding new titles to the library, and that’s probably because we are always adding new titles to the library. Our fans asked us to keep things fresh, and we’ve kind of made that our thing. In case you missed it, we also brought you these games earlier this month:
- Children of Morta (Console and PC)
- Frostpunk: (ID@Xbox) (Console and PC)
- Grand Theft Auto: V (Console only)
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (Console only)
- Tekken 7 (Console only)
Xbox Game Pass Quests
Want to make a game out of gaming? If you jump on these quests, you’ll get points just for playing the games you were already going to play! From January 7 through February 2 you can earn points by:
New Year, Try a New Game – 200 Points
- Earn any achievement from our New Year, Try a New Game collection. See eligible games here.
The Witcher 3 – 200 Points
- Complete 2 achievements in The Witcher 3.
Minecraft – 200 Points
- Complete 2 achievements in Minecraft.
ID@Xbox – 300 Points
- Earn 3 achievements in any game in our ID@Xbox game collection. See eligible games.
Play Something New – 100 Points
- Earn 1 achievement in any of these new games released. See eligible games.
Play PC – 100 Points
- Earn 1 achievement on PC. See eligible games.
Membership Benefits & Game Updates
Just a reminder that we’re more than just a library of pretty games. We’re also here to help you get the best deals, including 10% off add-ons for games in the Xbox Game Pass library. If you want to splurge on that Grotti Furia Supercar in Grand Theft Auto V, your Xbox Game Pass membership can help make that happen.
Also, a game update that future you will appreciate: Starting January 30, you can pre-install Wasteland Remastered. Get that pre-install file in now, turn on your automatic updates, and it’ll be like you from the past sending future you a new game to play. It’s as close to time travel as we’ve got so far.
January 21: Gears 5 Title Update 4 for console & PC
- The iconic Kantus has been added to the ranks of the villains in Versus multiplayer! If you’ve already purchased the Operation 2: Free For All bundle, the Kantus will be automatically added to your inventory for free.
Lunar New Year Events
- Rocket League: Lucky Lanterns Event
- Play online matches, collect red envelopes, and score rewards from January 20 through February 10
- Age of Empires
- Create bubbling hot pots & meet 2 new chefs
- Dead by Daylight
- Scarlet Swarm – Earn Golden Coins for special cosmetics from January 22 – February 4
- Overcooked! 2
- Spring event – create bubbling hot pots & meet 2 new chefs starting today!
Titles Leaving Soon
It’s always sad to see them go, so love them while they’re here. These games will be leaving our library soon, so bump them to the top of your list of what to play next! If you want to keep playing even after they’re gone, use your Xbox Game Pass member discount for up to 20% off each title before they leave.
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Resident Evil 4
- Saint’s Row The Third
- The Division
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Still down here with me? Hi! Here are some of my favorite pro tips:
- If you use the Xbox Game Pass mobile app, you can remotely install games and get them all updated while you’re still on the go.
- Putting all your social media on dark mode means you’re less likely to blind yourself when looking for spicy memes late at night. (May I humbly suggest our Twitter and Instagram, for all your spicy meme needs.)
- Always worry about the animal companions in your games. They are never truly safe until you finish those end credits and you move to new game plus.