Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox One update preview coming to the Beta and Delta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox One.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2010\19041.4850.200915-0000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 16, 2020
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 17, 2020
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Beta and Delta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox One update preview.
- We’re testing out a new experience for game and party invites in the Guide! Insiders in Beta and Delta will start seeing a new pop-up at the bottom of Guide whenever they’ve recently missed an invite, and the invites can now be found in the main notifications page when opening Guide instead of in a separate tab. You can now check all notifications in one place, but still know whether or not you’ve missed an invite as soon as you open the Guide.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
My Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue where some users reported seeing the Mixer app in their collection and it could not be uninstalled.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
New issues we’re investigating:
- Users may encounter an issue where they are disconnected from a party and the Guide closes when viewing Looking for Group posts.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Some users have reported that Dolby Atmos for Headphones audio setting changes when the console is rebooted/updated.
- Note: If you attempt to set the audio to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and see a message advising you to launch the Dolby Access App, please file feedback before launching the app.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- There are reports from users that the Guide not launching or loading.
- Some users are reporting not receiving Game or Party invites on the console.
- We’re aware of an issue where the dashboard doesn’t appear to load content and shows a black, grey, or white screen instead.
My Games & Apps
- Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
- Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
- Some titles in collection may appear with a “trial” tag incorrectly in collection.
New Store Experience
- Some titles may display a “Not currently available” message on the product page and will be unavailable to purchase
- Note: Users can use the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows to complete purchases for these items.
- Users will not be able to use the “gifting” option for both Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles at this time.
- Users will not be able to use the “Build a bundle” functionality at this time
- Workaround: Create the bundle via the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows.
- Xbox Design Lab customization is not currently supported.
- Workaround: Use the Microsoft Store on the web or Windows to purchase.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!