Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2108CO\21361.1500.210414-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – April 16, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – April 15, 2021
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
- Users browsing Game Pass titles will now notice that a game trailer will play without audio when a title is selected.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We’ve received reports that the Hulu app is crashing during playback.
- Some users have reported that they are not hearing any audio with Dolby Atmos enabled.
- Console browser links will not work if a user chooses the “new” browser version when prompted.
- Workaround: Be sure to choose the “previous” version of Edge to ensure the page opens.
- Some users are reporting that their mouse isn’t working correctly in Minecraft.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
- We are aware that some titles do not currently support the Free-to Play multiplayer testing currently available in Preview. We are working with the studios as the titles require an update to support this service change.
- Note: Titles currently not supported include Destiny 2 and Call Of Duty: Warzone. Please Report a problem on any other titles that are not working.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Some users have reported getting a blank screen when launching OneGuide.
- Note: If you see this behavior, try pressing the Menu button on your controller to bring up the app overlay, then select Live TV to ensure that the correct input is selected. If you still see a black screen, make sure to report it from the console.
- Live TV listings for OneGuide on Xbox One have been discontinued. You can continue to use OneGuide to view your connected HDMI devices or USB TV tuner.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!