Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Delta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2105VB\19041.7733.210427-0000
- Available: 4 p.m. PT – April 29, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – April 30, 2021
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Delta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
- Users will now have a new option to enable audio passthrough with your favorite media apps by going to Settings>Audio>Advanced>Allow Passthrough on the console.
- Today’s update includes a new dynamic background. Users can select the “Motes” background by going to Settings>Personalization>My Background>Dynamic Backgrounds.
- Users browsing Game Pass Spotlighted titles will now notice that a game trailer will play without audio when a title is in focus.
- A much requested user-feature is being included in today’s update! Users will now have access to a new group that will show all current Quick Resume save states. Additionally, the Guide will now indicate if your actively running game supports Quick Resume.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where the Quick Resume group would not appear in My Games & Apps & Guide.
My Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue where some users would be unable to delete a title from their collection.
- Updated Party Chat on Xbox consoles to mitigate an issue where connections could fail on some ISPs, such as T-Mobile’s Home Internet Service.
- Fixes to address consoles shutting down unexpectedly.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- Users may see that some 4K capabilities are not enabled/available when console is powered on from standby even though they are supported. This can result in HDCP errors trying to play some streaming content in apps.
- Workaround: Navigate to Settings>General>TV Details and change from 4K to another resolution and then back to 4K.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Users have reported that My Games & Apps is closing unexpectedly when trying to view “Shrinkable Games”.
- Live TV listings for OneGuide on Xbox One have been discontinued. You can continue to use OneGuide to view your connected HDMI devices or USB TV tuner.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!