Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2202CO\22000.3400.211213-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – December 15, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – December 16, 2021
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where users were incorrectly seeing a Kinect icon on the Home screen and in Guide on Series X|S consoles.
- Fixes to address some titles failing to launch with error 0x87e50007.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
Console Live Streaming
- Some users have reported seeing an error message when trying to start a live stream.
- Workaround: Restart the broadcast. If that doesn’t work try rebooting the console and then starting the stream.
- Some titles that should be enabled for live stream may display a “can’t stream/broadcast this title” error and go into a pause state.
- Workaround: Restart the broadcast.
- Note: Some titles intentionally do not allow live streaming and will always display a pause state.
- Some users report issues during account linking in Guide with a mobile device.
- Workaround: Close the page with the QR code after completing account linking on mobile.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- Some users have reported seeing the background changing after rebooting the console.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
- Users with a Series X|S console have reported that the dashboard is not loading with error code 0x80070490 on console boot.
- Workaround: Users who encounter this error will need to perform a console reset (choose the option to keep games/apps installed) in order to resolve this behavior. Instructions can be found here and select the “Troubleshooting system updates from other screens” option.
Looking For Group (LFG)
- Users have reported trying to add tags to LFG posts is not working.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!