Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox App for PC update that improves the advanced installation and management features. The ability to toggle this feature on and off has also been removed.
We will continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to the app. Details can be found below!
App Update Details:
- Xbox App version released: 2202.1001.7.0
- Gaming Services version released: 3.62.18001.0
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – February 23, 2022
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this app update:
- Games that weren’t installed using advanced install features will display the correct folder path in the Xbox app.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some games from being launched from the game executable.
- Cancelling a game install no longer leaves files behind in the game folder.
- Fixed an issue where games could only be launched from gamelaunchhelper.exe instead of the game executable.
- Uninstalling a game now automatically deletes its desktop shortcut.
- Fixed compatibility issues with Darkest Dungeon, DIRT 5, Gears 5, Hades, Hitman Trilogy, Lost Words: Beyond the Page, Slay the Spire, and Yakuza: Like A Dragon.
- Fixed an issue where verifying and repairing a game results in error 0x80070032, and cancelling the repair uninstalls the game.
- Improved install queue behavior around Xbox app restart.
- Fixed issues around what information and actions are available in the game management modal.
- Fixed an issue where enabling advanced installation features for a game causes an access denied error.
- Addressed various accessibility issues.
- Fixed an issue that prevents the game folder from being changed.
- Deleting the game folder no longer causes an issue where drives aren’t recognized in the Xbox app.
- Fixed an issue that caused game updates to reinstall the full game.
- The install queue now shows the correct status when moving a game to another drive.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Some games show that an update is available but selecting the update button doesn’t do anything.
- Attempting to encrypt the game install folder from the Windows Shell may cause compatibility issues.
- Mods for a version of a game on another platform may not work on the Xbox PC Game Pass version.
- The following games are not yet supported:
- Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
- Back 4 Blood
- Cricket 19
- Phantasy Star Online 2
- State of Decay 2
- Games offering pre-install
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
You can find more information on known issues and troubleshooting steps, as well as interact with the community, on the Xbox Insiders Subreddit.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can!
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information!
Thank you to everyone who participates in the Xbox Insider Program! Your feedback helps us continue to build a great gaming experience in the Xbox app on PC.