The Microsoft Flight Simulator – Sim Update 10 preview is now available on Xbox and Windows PC, and all Xbox Insiders who own Microsoft Flight Simulator are invited to participate!
Find more information on how to join the beta, our overall goals, what kind of feedback we are looking for, and targeted feedback surveys on the official Microsoft Flight Simulator forums.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Open the ‘Xbox Insider Hub’ on your PC or Xbox (or install it via the Microsoft Store if you do not have it yet).
- On the left side, click ‘Previews’.
- Look for ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator Beta’ and select ‘Join’ or ‘Manage’.
- From the list of Groups, select ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator – Sim Update 10’ and click Save.
- Note: Depending on the platform, you may automatically join the correct group.
- Wait for the registration to complete, then restart your Xbox console or PC—this prompts the Store to refresh and get the update.
- After restarting, launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and you’ll be prompted to update.
- If you don’t wish to restart immediately after joining, you can wait a few hours for the Store refresh and get the update, then launch the game.
If you would like to leave the pre-release test before it ends and re-install the live build, follow these instructions:
- Open the ‘Xbox Insider Hub’ app.
- Navigate to ‘Previews’ > ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator Beta’ .
- Select ‘Manage’.
- On the left side, select ‘Leave preview’.
- Wait for the unenrollment to complete, restart your Xbox or PC, then launch the game.
PC Users: If not on a Custom path, you will have to reinstall the sim to restore the prior build.
For more information: follow us on Twitter at @XboxInsider and this blog for release notes, announcements and more. And feel free to interact with the community on the Xbox Insider SubReddit.