Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2208NI\22621.1713.220715-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – July 18, 2022
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – July 19, 2022
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where some audio settings were enabled or disabled unexpectedly on boot/reboot of the console.
- Fixed an issue where some titles were crashing unexpectedly while playing.
- Fixed an issue where the Noise Suppression toggle may not be visible on console boot.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- Some users may encounter an issue where games fail to launch after using some streaming apps. If you experience this, please use Report a Problem to submit feedback.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and games should launch normally.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
- We are investigating reports of poor performance when navigating the dashboard.
- Note: If you experience this, please submit feedback by using Reporting a Problem and include details regarding the steps you took before the issue and the exact behavior you’re experiencing.
- We are investigating reports of the Home screen not loading all content when the console is powered on.
- Workaround: Restart the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button brings up the power menu).
- Note: If you experience this, please use Report a Problem to submit feedback. If you are unable to submit feedback immediately, reboot your console, then submit feedback.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Some users have reported seeing a “flicker” when navigating/browsing the Store catalog.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!