Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2208NI\22621.1750.220725-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – July 27, 2022
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – July 28, 2022
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where audio could stop after closing the Guide.
Report a Problem
- Fixed an issue where users would be unable to submit feedback.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior, please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- You must scan the QR code (in step 3 of the setup) with your mobile device to trigger the proper Discord code. This step is required for this testing phase but will not be required at general release.
- When using the Discord Mobile app on iOS, having your default browser set to anything other than Safari may prevent you from linking your account correctly.
- Workaround: Ensure that the default browser on your iOS device is set to Safari and then try again.
- We are aware of an issue where your Discord call may have issues if connected too quickly after leaving an Xbox Party Chat. We are working on a fix.
- Workaround: Wait at least 60 seconds after leaving an Xbox Party Chat before you connect a Discord call/channel to your console.
- Some users may encounter an issue where games fail to launch after using some streaming apps. If you experience this, please use Report a Problem to submit feedback.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and games should launch normally.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
- We are investigating reports of poor performance when navigating the dashboard.
- Note: If you experience this, please submit feedback by using Reporting a Problem and include details regarding the steps you took before the issue and the exact behavior you’re experiencing.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Users might see the warning badge appear for disc-based games that they have not launched.
- Workaround: Insert the disc and launch the game, then refresh the Home. To refresh Home, open the Guide > highlight Home > press the Menu button for More options, then choose Refresh.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!