At long last it’s finally here – the voyage to the Mistlands! We have worked hard on this update for the past nine months now, and we’re so happy to finally be able to share it with all of you.
Please keep in mind that this is still the Public Test version, and that there will possibly be several patches to fix bugs and improve the balance of the game before this update is released to the Live version of the game. Your feedback during this testing period – which you can leave in our Discord server – is highly appreciated, so please tell us what you think!
To travel to the Mistlands right now, you need to go through the following steps:
Note: To participate in the Valheim Public Test you will need to either own Valheim or have access to the title via an active Game Pass subscription.
Note: This playtest is only available on PC.
- Make sure you’re signed into your Microsoft / PC Game Pass account, and launch the Xbox Insider Hub app. If you don’t have it yet, you can download it in the Microsoft Store.
- Navigate to Previews > Valheim Public Test.
- Select Join.
- Wait for the registration to be complete, and then you’ll be directed to the Store where you can install Valheim Public Test.
There is only a limited number of players who can participate in the Public Test, and it’s first come, first served. But if you don’t get access, you can rest assured that the Mistlands soon will be available for everyone in the Live version of the game.
Another important thing to note is that the Mistlands biome will only generate in areas you have not yet discovered. Therefore, if you have explored a lot of your world, you might be better off starting a new one in order to actually be able to travel to the Mistlands. As per usual, mods will also most likely cause the game not to launch, as they are only compatible with the Live version of the game. If you have mods, you will either need to remove them or wait for the mod to be updated before you can play.
We’re guessing you want to dive straight into the game now, so we won’t make this post any longer. You’ll find the full patch notes on our website, and an abbreviated version here below. Please be extra mindful of flagging your spoilers this time, for the sake of those who haven’t had the chance to play yet and want to discover things on their own. Other than that, we just want to give you this gameplay trailer to show you what you can expect – lots of spoilers ahead, obviously:
New biome – Mistlands:
- New mechanics
- 9 new creatures + Mistlands boss
- More than 20 new crafting materials
- 2 new crafting stations, 3 crafting station extensions, and 3 other resource/crafting constructions
- 15 new food items
- 3 new potions
- More than 25 new craftable items (weapons, armours & tools)
- More than 35 new building/furniture pieces for building, decorating and defending your base
- New type of dungeon
- New lore stones
- New dreams
- New music
- Fishing update
- 12 new emotes
- 9 new hairstyles and 7 new beard styles
Fixes and Improvements:
- Various console command improvements
Multiple animations have been updated and improved
- Multiple VFX have been updated and improved
- Various other tweaks