Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Omega ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2304NI\22621.4029.230323-1700
- Available: 4 p.m. PT – March 28, 2023
- Mandatory: 4 p.m. PT – March 29, 2023
Note: This update may not occur automatically before it has already become mandatory. You can always find the most current update as soon as it is available by navigating to Settings > System > Updates.
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Omega users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
Beginning today, you can now change your plan or update the recurring billing status directly from your console. To get started, head to Settings > Account > Subscriptions.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixes to address an issue where some steering wheels may be unresponsive in some titles.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps.
- Note: If you experience issues with audio, please submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately with the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option.
- Select the category “Console experiences” then “Console Audio Output Issues” and include the following information:
- When did the issue start? After a console update, reboot, resume, etc.
- Did you lose audio just in the game/app or system audio as well?
- Does changing the audio format resolve the issue? If yes, what was the format before and after?
- Does rebooting resolve the issue?
- What does your setup look like? Equipment, layout, etc.
- And any additional information you can provide to reproduce the problem.
- We are aware controllers may not connect wirelessly after restarting the console by holding the power button.
- Workaround: Turn your console off by pressing and holding the power button then disconnect the power cable for 10 seconds. Reconnect the power cable then turn your console back on and your controller will connect wirelessly again.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!