Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2308ZN\25347.1503.230420-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – April 24, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – April 25, 2023
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixed an issue where the Xbox Accessories app would crash unexpectedly when updating the color of the Xbox button on the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2.
My Games & Apps
- Fixes to address an issue where games and apps installed on an external drive may not display game art correctly.
- Fixed an issue where installing games or updates could remain in the Queue ‘finishing things up’ without obvious progress.
- Fixed an issue where the install button could be unresponsive after recently joining a game preview.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps.
- Note: If you experience issues with audio, please submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately with the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option.
- Select the category “Console experiences” then “Console Audio Output Issues” and include the following information:
- When did the issue start? After a console update, reboot, resume, etc.
- Did you lose audio just in the game/app or system audio as well?
- Does changing the audio format resolve the issue? If yes, what was the format before and after?
- Does rebooting resolve the issue?
- What does your setup look like? Equipment, layout, etc.
- And any additional information you can provide to reproduce the problem.
- We are investigating an issue where launching some titles after waking the console from Sleep may hang on a black screen.
- Workaround: Restarting the console by holding the Xbox button > Restart console > Restart then trying again will launch the game as expected.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- We are aware that Remote Tools for Microsoft Edge is repeatedly prompting an update, even after doing so. While we investigate, you can safely ignore the update; there is no need to manually keep trying to update it.
- We are aware pressing the menu button when browsing Groups may not display the menu as expected. This is being investigated.
- Workaround: You can open the menu to manage games and apps from Games, Apps, or the guide.
- We are investigating an issue where some apps cannot be copied from an external drive.
- Some users have reported that the console is displaying at the incorrect resolution on boot. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you encounter this behavior, please ensure that you submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Please include the make/model of you TV/Display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (Holding down the Xbox button displays the power menu) should resolve the behavior. If not, ensure you are looking at the troubleshooting here, specifically the section about ensuring your TV firmware is up to date.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!