Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Beta ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2308ZN\25398.1705.230807-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – August 10, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – August 11, 2023
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Beta users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
Reactive Voice Reporting
Player safety is an area of deep investment at Xbox. We’re committed to making Xbox a safe, welcoming place for all players. If you experience or witness an incident that violates Xbox’s Community Standards, you can capture a video clip the moment it happens and report it to the Xbox Safety Team up to 24 online hours later for content moderation and review. You can start this new reporting experience by clicking “Report in-game chat” in the Parties and chats tab. Learn more here.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixes to address an issue where the Xbox Accessories app could close unexpectedly when creating a new profile.
My Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue where the active installation could appear lower in the queue than expected.
- Fixes to address an issue where the console would sometimes not connect as expected on boot.
- Fixes to address an issue which could sometimes prevent setting home Xbox successfully.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps.
- Note: If you experience issues with audio, please submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately with the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option, then select the category “Console experiences” and “Console Audio Output Issues”.
- Be sure to include as much information as possible:
- When did the issue start?
- Did you lose audio just in the game/app or system audio as well?
- Does changing the audio format resolve the issue? If yes, what was the format before and after?
- Does rebooting resolve the issue?
- What does your setup include? Equipment, layout, etc.
- And any additional information you can provide to reproduce the problem.
- We are investigating reports of Guide becoming unresponsive for some users.
- Note: If you experience this, be sure to file feedback with Report a Problem as soon as possible. Please include as much information as you can about what steps you took to reproduce the issue.
Keyboard Button Mapping for Xbox Controllers
- In the Xbox Accessories app, the “Learn More” button is currently not functional.
- If you change your keyboard language settings while the Xbox Accessories app is open, the change will be reflected after quitting the app or rebooting your console.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
Reactive Voice Reporting
- This feature is currently limited to English language in US, CA, GB, AU, NZ, and IE regions.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!