My name is Troy Pruitt and I am the community manager for Crusader Kings III. I’m in charge of the day-to-day communications, handling of social media posting and planning, streaming and video content for Crusader Kings III and I’m here to discuss the newest update for the title, the Ruler Designer.
This Update, labelled 1.2, is mainly about the Ruler Designer feature but has a handful of other intriguing improvements! Ruler Designer is a way to fully immerse yourself in the game by creating a custom character to your specifications to lead your people to greater glory.
One of the most beloved features in Crusader Kings III is the character portrait system. 3D models of all game characters reflect their personality and health in amazing living detail, changing as they acquire new traits and new illnesses.
Fans loved the Ruler Designer in Crusader Kings II, so we have brought that back for Crusader Kings III. Now players can create their rulers before the game starts, enabling them to try out genius scholars, dwarf schemers, and giant romantics – whatever their hearts desire. There is almost no limit on the kind of ruler that can be designed.
- Choose your ruler’s starting realm and then dive into the designer.
- Play as male or female, with any in-game culture, religion or sexual orientation.
- Customize their appearance, including facial appearance and hair style.
- Add traits and fine tune their skills. Make a brilliant strategist or holy administrator.
- Add illnesses or injuries for extra challenge.
- Earn achievements if your character is built within certain limits.
The Ruler Designer update is accompanied by a general game update that adds a few other minor features.
- Kill List that tracks the executions, battle slayings and (known) murders by characters in the game.
- UI Improvements to the Dynasty view.
- Military Improvements allowing you to attach armies to your main force and preventing raising levies in a province beyond its supply limit.
- Siberian Paganism added to the game as a new Faith.
- Ugly characters now have more exaggerated facial features.
- Changes to rules and options. Nudity is now a game setting, not rule. The rule set can now be configured to affect frequency of AI matrilineal marriages.
We hope you’re as inspired as we are to start creating your own unique monarchs. Be sure to share your favorite designs with us on social @CrusaderKings and continue to enjoy Crusader Kings III available now with Xbox Game Pass for PC!
Crusader Kings III
Your legacy awaits. Choose your noble house and lead your dynasty to greatness in a Middle Ages epic that spans generations. War is but one of many tools to establish your reign, as real strategy requires expert diplomatic skill, mastery of your realm, and true cunning. Crusader Kings III continues the popular series made by Paradox Development Studio, featuring the widely acclaimed marriage of immersive grand strategy and deep, dramatic medieval roleplaying.
A bloodline begins
• Take command of your house and expand your dynasty through a meticulously researched Middle Ages. Begin in 867 or 1066 and claim lands, titles, and vassals to secure a realm worthy of your royal blood. Your death is only a footnote as your lineage continues with new playable heirs, either planned… or not.
• Discover a sprawling simulated world teeming with peasants and knights, courtiers, spies, knaves and jesters, and secret love affairs. An extensive cast of historical characters can be romanced, betrayed, executed, or subtly influenced.
• Explore a vast medieval map stretching from the snowswept Nordic lands to the Horn of Africa, and the British Isles in the west to the exotic riches of Burma in the east. Claim, conquer, and rule thousands of unique counties, duchies, kingdoms, and empires.
Larger than life
• Each character is larger than life, with traits and lifestyle choices determining their actions and schemes. Prompt fear and dread as you rule with an iron fist, or inspire your subjects with magnanimous deeds. Genetics can be passed along to your children, be it the gift of genius or crippling stupidity.
• Groom your heir with the appropriate guardians or educate them yourself. If found wanting, marry them off or despatch them through other means.
• Customize your ruler and noble house, from appearance to attributes, and create a monarch worthy of all their inherited virtues and vices.
Real strategy requires cunning
• Govern an ever-evolving realm and grant titles to whom you see fit – or usurp your liege to claim their crown as your own. Be wary of rivals, from restless serfs to revengeful concubines.
• The shadows stir frequently, and danger lurks around every darkened corner. Recruit agents and other unsavory elements to undermine, blackmail, or murder those who stand in your path. Or be inspired by the bard and ballad, and seduce your way to power and influence.
• Blood will flow. Assemble men-at-arms units and powerful knights. Manage your battlefield tactics and armies. Raid and plunder nearby lands or hire mercenaries and Holy Orders for your major conflicts.
Accomplish great things
• Be a pious king to invite the religious powers to your side, or design your own faith as you battle between everlasting fame or eternal damnation.
• Bring novel innovations to your culture and construct mighty castles and bastions to increase the wealth, prestige, and security of your realm.
• The paths to follow are limitless: experience thousands of dynamic events and life-altering decisions tailored to each and every conceivable situation and character. There are countless ways of securing and keeping your place in the history books.