Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2106VB\19041.8020.210512-0000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – May 14, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – May 15, 2021
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Alpha users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
Dolby Vision for Gaming
- Dolby Vision for gaming is releasing today for Xbox Insiders with an Xbox Series X|S console. Be sure to try out the feature and submit feedback on your experiences with titles!
- Note: Dolby Vision for gaming will work with Dolby Vision supported TVs. Several major TV brands support Dolby Vision, make sure to check out your display’s documentation. Additionally, look to see if your TV’s firmware is up to date. TV manufactures have added support via firmware updates, which can either be downloaded directly to the TV (If it’s got an internet connection) or enabled by putting the update on a USB drive and plugging it into the TV.
Store Publisher Pages
- To keep making the Store better and easier, Xbox Insiders will see a new set of Publisher Pages designed to create a space within the Store for our publishers to showcase their games, latest updates, and engage with their fans. It combines brand new page designs with existing elements to bring a new way for Publishers to engage with their customers using their own unique voice.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixes to address poor quality when recording game clips on console.
- Fixed an issue where a game installed from a physical disc and then purchased digitally would not update the installation and could not be launched.
- Fixes to address some content not showing up in games for users who completed the purchase in the Store directly.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- We are aware of an issue where users are not getting headset audio. The issue is being actively investigated will be fixed in a subsequent update.
- Workaround: If your headset is connected to your controller and the controller is connected via USB, try disconnecting the controller from USB while using the headset.
Dolby Vision for Gaming
- Some TVs do not support Dolby Vision at 120 Hz currently and will fall back to either 60 Hz or HDR. We are working closely with TV manufactures to update firmware support for Dolby Vision capabilities. Go to Settings>General>TV & Display Options>4K TV details and look for “Your TV setup supports Dolby Vision”.
- We are tracking an issue with poor playback (lost frames) during the 4K UHD Blu-Ray Theatrical Cut of Donnie Darko.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- The audio headset mixer disappears from guide when in a party. This issue is being investigated.
- Users may see that some 4K capabilities are not enabled/available when console is powered on from standby even though they are supported. This can result in HDCP errors trying to play some streaming content in apps.
- Workaround: Navigate to Settings>General>TV Details and change from 4K to another resolution and then back to 4K.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Users have reported that My Games & Apps is closing unexpectedly when trying to view “Shrinkable Games”.
- Users may encounter audio drop outs or glitching when using an Xbox Series X|S console on the mobile client.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!