Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important we note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to post these release notes, even when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, so you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2108CO\21384.1502.210514-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – May 17, 2021
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – May 18, 2021
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
- Users can now re-organize and move their groups within the Guide directly.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Fixes to address some apps not displaying their UI correctly when console display is set to 4K.
- Users should no longer see playback issues in the Hulu app.
- Fixed an issue where some titles weren’t launching with error code 0xc03f6508.
- Fixes to address controllers not working when starting up a Quick Resume title.
- Fixed an issue where a game installed from a physical disc and then purchased digitally would not update the installation and could not be launched.
- Fixes to address some content not showing up in games for users who completed the purchase in the Store directly.
My Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue where some titles would not launch from Groups within My Games & Apps.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
We’re still tracking these known issues:
- Some users have reported that they are not hearing any audio with Dolby Atmos enabled.
- We are tracking an issue with poor playback (lost frames) during the 4K UHD Blu-Ray Theatrical Cut of Donnie Darko.
Dolby Vision for Gaming
- Some TVs do not support Dolby Vision at 120 Hz currently and will fall back to either 60 Hz or HDR. We are working closely with TV manufactures to update firmware support for Dolby Vision capabilities. Go to Settings>General>TV & Display Options>4K TV details and look for “Your TV setup supports Dolby Vision”.
- Console browser links will not work if a user chooses the “new” browser version when prompted.
- Workaround: Be sure to choose the “previous” version of Edge to ensure the page opens.
- Some users are reporting that their mouse isn’t working correctly in Minecraft.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a “trial” tag.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!